Ode to a dying love

 Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favourite.


We were made for each other. 

Like salt and pepper, spoon and fork, cup and saucer, we were also THE pair. 


Of course like any other couple, we too had our share of bitter moments. You were the one with uncountable mood swings, sometimes retreating into your inner self leaving me alone waiting for you to cheer up again. There have even been instances where you would lash out at me after lovingly and playfully caressing my face. You always blamed it on the cycles of the moon, if I ever asked. Why don't you have a personality of your own? Why find an easy way out to avoid the blame? Still, I loved you with all my heart. 


You may think I loved you for your beauty, or maybe your wealth. But no! Mine was the purest form of love you would ever find! Unconditional and true! 

I used to think that people came home to visit us because I was the quiet type who always had the listening ear, and they enjoyed spending time with me. After all, everybody has problems and I'm sure they found peace in my company. But I was wrong! They cheered up with your bright and bubbly character. I was never jealous of you, since the day I realised how our friend circle grew so fast. It used to give me joy to see the admiration they had for you, knowing you were mine, forever. And you know it too. We have talked about it a million times, every night after our guests left.


Then why? What did I do wrong that you had to destroy me this way? I never fought back, but just gave in to your mood swings, or rather "moon" swings, as you call them. Everytime you threw a tantrum, part of me was dying. It pained, I was losing a part of my very being, with every element of your fury. I wanted to stop you, but never took the initiative, because I thought you would stop.....Because you loved me too, or didn't you?


But you just grew stronger. You took my silence for weakness, and destroyed me completely. Nobody likes to come to our home now. They are all aware of the issues between us. 

What a shame, dear. Why did it have to come to this?

Still.....I have the hope that those days will come back again, where you and me were like newly weds, all beautiful and full of love. 

I still love you, Samudra....And will always do.


Yours forever,

Shanghu 



Missing Shanghumukham beach.

~priya~

Comments

Popular Posts