The Silver Lining

 

Everyone is moving back, each and all to their own shack

Not a badger nor a bee, for miles along now I see.

All that’s left behind with me are swaying blades and rustling trees,

Ushering me back home to hurry, before she lashes out her fury.

In her rage she starts to growl, fiercely, yet not so loud.

As I turn around to gaze, a second, at her violent face

There I see her sentiment, tinted all over herself.

Is it anger or it pride that keeps her strong through the ride?

Maybe revenge or could be flaw, for having had to hold so long,

All alone and always so, with no-one else with her to go.

She persists to spread the gloom, to bellow and weep till her doom.

But dark as she may seem to be, dressed in her murky finery

Still she allows a piercing beam, through her cloak of deepening grey

To fall through softly and touch my face, with assurance as she says……

"The sun will shine again".

 




~priya~

Comments

Popular Posts